– William Shakespeare
In 2014, ELDDS and Editorial Board merged to form StageWright.
How we got our name
The new name is a spin on the sound of ‘STAGE RIGHT’ (the name, which the ELDDS had taken on in 2013, refers to the technical name for part of a stage, and signifies the club’s commitment to staging right and doing theatre well) and the idea of writing or ‘PLAYWRIGHT’.
StageWright is committed, not only to expose our members to explore different types of theatres, the history of theatre, playwriting. But also to introduce other aspects of using the English Language in communication, such as public speaking.
A new performing arts group in Yuhua
With the members’ flair for the dramatics and their love for performance, StageWright evolved to cater to their interests and in 2016 came under the umbrella of the performing arts CCA group in Yuhua Secondary School.
Teachers In Charge
|Ms Melissa Ng Shu Ting|
|Mr Tan Kian Soon|
|Ms T Parvathy|
|NURUL AIN BTE AZIN||2E6||VICE PRESIDENT|
|EMELDA TEO||2N2||COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER 1|
|TAN MING KIM||3E4||COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER 2|
|Training Day||Time (Duration)||Location|
|Tuesday||3 to 6 pm||Auditorium|
|Thursday||3 to 6 pm||Auditorium|
Yuphonic Renditions 2014 & 2016
- Peer Pleasure 2016: International Friendship Day, staged by The Necessary Stage
- Shakespeare in the Park 2015: The Tempest, staged by Singapore Repertory Theatre
- Sisters by Jean Tay
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, staged by Wild Rice
- The Book of Living and Dying, staged by The Finger Players
Public Speaking Opportunities
- Theatre Exposure (Jul 2016)
- StageWright Mini Showcase (Oct 2016)
- StageWright Camp (Nov 2016)