National Civil Defence Cadet Corps
The National Civil Defence Cadet Corps ( NCDCC ) of Singapore was formed in 2005. The creation of this Uniformed Group was initiated by the Ministry of Home Affairs in response to the need for the young leaders of tomorrow to have a firm pillar and grounding in Singapore's firm belief of Total Defence.
Since its formation in 2006, YHSS NCDCC has grown from a small unit of 20 cadets to approximately 70 cadets currently. The unique focus of NCDCC is on Civil Defence skills, such as first aid, fire prevention, fire-fighting.
Committed to provide service to the school, NCDCC cadets are ever ready to render First Aid in various school events such as the Sports Day, Holistic Health Run, Emergency Evacuation Exercise, etc. NCCC cadets are also ambassadors to spread Civil Defence awareness.
NCDCC cadets undergo a specially designed varied and challenging training programme. Interesting visits to places such as Civil Defence Heritage gallery, Civil Defence Academy and CD Shelter enable cadets to acquire Civil Defence knowledge in a fun and memorable manner. To test their skills, cadets participates in various competitions organized by Home Team Academy such as the Urban Adventure Challenge, Inter-Unit Quiz and Precision Drill Competition.
Teachers In Charge
|Mr Clovis Song Sheng Yang|
|Mdm Nurhuda Bte Pardi|
|Ms Lim Pei Wen|
|SSG KOH WEI HAN||3T1|
|SGT NADRA BTE ABDUL MALIK||3E6|
|SGT NUR NADIA BTE MUHD ZULKIFLI||3E5|
|SGT DINA NADZIRA BTE BADROLIZAM||3E6|
|SGT DAPARESKIRIANDI B RIDUAN||3E5|
|CPL CHUA JUN YU||3E4|
|LCP MUHAMMAD SHAWAN B AZMAN||3T1|
- Courses to learn skills on first aid, fire fighting, civil defence, footdrill, rescue equipment, campcraft, CPR and hazmat.
- Visit to Civil Defence Academy, Civil Defence Heritage Centre, Civil Defence Shelter, Dart Base and Fire Station.
- Marching in school's Speech Day Parade
- Particiapting in national level parades (NDP Parade, SCDF Parade)
- Participating in NCDCC Service Week - Sharing of Civil Defence knowledge
- Kayaking courses
- Precision Drill Competition
- Unit Overall Performance Award 2015 Silver
- NCDCC Skills Challenge 2015 (2nd Runner Up)
- Unit Overall Performance 2013 – Silver Award
- Unit Overall Performance 2012 – Silver Award
- Precision Drill Competition 2011 – 2 nd Runner-up